CBSE organizes “The 2nd CBSE-TERI GREEN Olympiad”
Pavan Chauhan|Jun 1st, 2012 04:56pm
‘The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI)’ has been conducting the ‘GREEN Olympiad’ since 1999 and attracts participation from lakhs of school students across India and abroad.
The ‘GREEN Olympiad’ aims to test the knowledge of students in the field of environment and in turn create awareness about issues touching their daily lives. The purpose of this event is to improve and expand the scope of environment education both at the national and international level and to develop human resources, institutional infrastructure and a diverse mixture of locale-specific, regional and national action plans to sensitize schools on the need for environmental protection.
Important points to note:
- A minimum of 20 students from a school are required to register the school for the examination.
- The examination is open to students of classes VIII-X only.
- The examination can be taken either in English or in Hindi.
- The examination will be held on 25 August 2012 and 29 September 2012.
- The last date for receiving the duly filled registration forms is 23 July 2012.
For more information, log onto www.teriin.org/olympiad.